Thursday, October 12, 2017

Banned Books Week(ish) Results

Last month I shared my plans for Banned Books Week. After the first lesson and a hiccup sharing the hyperdoc, I changed the lesson so that all the information and links were on the station signs. Here is that document. Once that was straightened out the lesson went very well. I just taught the lesson this week so the celebration continued into three weeks of school and I was able to see lots of classes.
 Here are few pics of the green screen station, one of the favorites.


Students were asked to list risks and rewards of reading controversial books. Their answers, for the most part, were very thoughtful.
Here are the Founding Father tweets they created in Slides.
I hope that they left with a better appreciation for why librarians fight against censorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment