Saturday, February 11, 2012

Meet Me On Facebook

A few months ago I was invited to speak at the Follett New Leaf in Learning Conference. I was honored. The best part is that they asked me to present with my library BFF, the one and only Mighty Little Librarian, Tiffany Whitehead. To say that I am looking forward to meeting her face to face is an understatement. I know we're going to have so much fun presenting and sharing ideas and laughs.


We have two sessions ready that I am really excited about.


Be a Next Gen Librarian, Today!: We will discuss the thirteen virtues of a next generation librarian from this excellent article. I created a topic on Scoop.it of our resources if you would like to take a look.


The Embedded Librarian: Connecting and Collaborating. We have lots of tips and strategies for taking library instruction outside the walls of the library.


One of the events leading up to the conference is a Facebook chat about the future of libraries. I invite all of you to come and share your concerns and thoughts on our ever-changing profession.


Here's all the details about the chat:

9:30 am EST, Wed. February 15, 2012- Next Generation Libraries

I will be dishing on this topic at the conference in March. Get answers to your questions on the New Leaf in Learning Facebook Page.


There are some serious names presenting at the conference including Shannon Miller and Jon Schumacher, Eric Sheninger, David Loertscher and more. I look forward to spending time with so many passionate librarians.


Hope to see you on Facebook or in Illinois in March!



2 comments:

  1. Holy bananas....I'm SO EXCITED :) And our sessions are going to be fab -- we have a ridiculous amount of great stuff to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you Tamara (and Tiff!) Would love to join you for the chat, but you know my feelings on Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete