Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jammin' at the Jamboread



Last Saturday a few teachers and I braved the rain to take a bus load of our students to the Jamboread event at the Spartanburg County Public Library. Our students had so much fun. Our first stop was the book signing with R.L. Stine, Bruce Coville, Karma Wilson and Janet Stevens. There were Jamboread tattoos, a scavenger hunt, K9 Dogs in Flight show, illustration class with Janet Stevens, crafts, African storytelling, characters, paintball murals and an awesome teen room. My students loved coloring white rubber ducks and dog tags. I saw lots of new Manga series that I would like to purchase for my library and I'm jealous of their funky furniture. We had a great time. Thanks so much to all of the staff and volunteers for planning a wonderful event.

No comments:

Post a Comment