Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Technology Expo Update

I've mentioned in previous posts that I hosted an electronic petting zoo for the teachers in my school. It was a success and I was contacted by Pat Maxwell at the College of Brockport SUNY in regards to a similar event they organized in the Drake Memorial Library. We shared information and I recently received an update from her on their event. Their technology Expo was a hit with visitors. This is an excerpt from the email I received.

It was FANTASTIC!!! We had over 120 people turn out despite 6 inches of snow that fell overnight. There was a lot of positive feedback and calls for future expos. Many attendees voiced surprise that the Expo connected these gadgets to classroom use/learning.

Here is a news story on their Expo. I'm excited that it went so well. Way to go Pat!

I have another petting zoo planned next week for all of the librarians in my district. I am hoping to use this as a way to introduce them to technology they may not know about and recruit volunteers for a staff development project that I am plotting. I will post again after this meeting and let you know if my staff development idea goes over well or gets shot down.

If anyone else out there plans a similar event I would love to hear about it. If you would like more information feel free to contact me. I will share all of the materials I have collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment